CRS works side by side with Ethiopians in need, helping them to escape poverty by increasing their food supplies and improving their ability to withstand disasters.
CRS has been working in Ethiopia since 1958. One of CRS' largest country programs, with 123 employees, CRS Ethiopia implements program activities in nine of Ethiopia's 10 regions, directly benefiting more than 589,000 Ethiopians without regard to religion or ethnicity.
By working closely with local partners, including the Ethiopian Catholic Church, CRS leverages a powerful network across the country that supports service delivery in both urban and rural areas. Key program areas include water and sanitation; emergency preparedness and recovery; agriculture and livelihoods, including microfinance; and HIV and AIDS
CRS/Ethiopia invites interested qualified candidates to apply for the following positions:
Position Title: Human Resource Officer
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Contract duration: Indefinite period
Reports To: Human Resource Manager
Purpose of the Position:
• Handle all personnel functions such as recruitment, placement and other areas of Human Resource activities:
• Manage the efficient administration of staff benefits and staff services;
• Advice on HR issues to staff members in Addis as well as Branch office, and partner office;
• Conduct training need assessments and organize training programs;
• Prepare various HR reports.
Key /Specific Duties and Responsibilities: -
• Responsible for staff recruitment and placement process;
• Proposes salary setting for recruited staff in consultation with the HRM;
• Follows up that staff performance plan and appraisal activity is carried out on time, checks salary increment, promotion, reclassification, demotion, etc. are made in accordance with established policies;
• Handles staff exit management and related activities, ensures exit interview is filled by departing staff and ensures that their clearance are complete;
Managing Staff Benefit:
• Oversees the administration of employees’ Group Life Term and Group Personal Accident insurance policies, and liaises with insurers on important issues;
• Assist in disseminating information to staff regarding medical and other insurance cover.
• Assist in carrying out salary and benefits surveys, merit increment and technical adjustment if any.
• Promotes workplace safety and conducive workplace environment;
• Assists in enhancing staff performance and maintenance by establishing motivational and reward system;
Reviewing policies and guidelines:
• Participates in review of Human Resources development policies, systems, strategies, and prepares, compiles and document various periodical HR reports;
• Ensures that all staff follow Personnel Policy Manual and procedures as stipulated in the Agency’s Personal Policies Manual and the country law:
• Participates in the preparation of staff orientation manual, succession
• Planning and staff retention guidelines;
Participating in various planning and budgeting:
• Participates in Manpower Planning and. Budget preparations with other Department Managers and ensures the hiring process is in line with the Manpower Planning;
• Participates in the annual and strategic plan and budgeting processes for HR program and functions;
• Participates in review of PPM, succession planning and prepares, compiles, and document various periodical HR Reports;
Assisting in arranging consultancy service:
• Participates in processing consultancy service proposal, agreement and report on progress; -
• Oversees consultancy payments according to the agreed payment installments;
Conducting and organizing trainings:
• Coordinate staff training and human resource development initiatives of the organization;
• Identify suitable courses or short term trainings and development needs of the staff and the organization and organize trainings in collaboration with HR Manager;
• Organize orientation program for new staff; visits branch offices to orient staff on existing HR policies and procedures;
• Travel to branch offices to enhance HR procedures/practices as well as disseminate remunerations, benefits and welfare information of staff:
• Assist partner staffs in training needs.
Preparing reports and databases:
• Prepare periodic HR Reports/statistics
• Assist HR Manager in consolidating the annual HR related report to the Head of Operations
• Ensures that hiring managers are periodically updated on the status of staffing requests
Representation and Legal cases:
• Backs the HR Manager in his/her absence;
• Handles employee relation issues;
• Assists Legal Advisor and the HRM on court cases;
• Performs other related tasks as required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Education & Experience: 4 years’ of relevant experience is required for BA/BSc; or 1 year of relevant experience is required for MA/MSc.
Competencies /Knowledge, Ability and Skill
• Good knowledge of HR Management principles and practices
• Good knowledge of office practices and procedures
• Good knowledge of Ethiopian Labor Law and other applicable laws
• Good knowledge of trends and developments in the field
• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to maintain good working relationship and keep records up-to-date
• Ability to perform routine and recurring assignment
• Skill in the use of computers, MS-Office, and relevant applications related to the job
• Good communication and negotiation skill
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
*Serves with Integrity *Models Stewardship *Cultivates Constructive Relationships *Promotes Learning
Physical Requirements/Environment: Normal conditions similar to an office environment with some field travels.
Key Working Relationships: Both Internal and External
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position
Application procedure: -Interested qualified candidates should send their letter of application and up-to-date CV Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org Write in the subject field “Application for Human Resource Officer Deadline of application November 19, 2013.
Qualified Women are highly welcome to apply
Note: Hand carried applications will not be accepted. Phone solicitations result in the rejection of the application. Only candidates selected for written exam/ interview will be contacted.