Love in Action Ethiopia (LIAE) an Ethiopian Resident Charity, non-profit organization seeks to hire qualified professionals’ for Population Services International Ethiopia USAID (PSI/E) funded MULU MARPs HIV/AIDS prevention project to be implemented in three regions; Oromia region (Alemgena, Sebeta, Tulubolo and Woliso towns), SNNPR ( Hosanna) and Gambella region (Gambella, Abobo, Goge, Godere, Mangesh and Dima towns.)
1. Position Title: Field Officer (3)
Reports to: MULU MARPs Program Manager
Duty Station: Hawassa, Woliso and Gambella
Major duties and responsibilities:
• Design and support implementation of MULU/MARPs combination prevention project in among the community of the respective areas in collaboration with stakeholders of the towns so as to ensure implementing MARPs — centered evidence- based approach in d-delivering the standard package of combination prevention and clinical services at all levels
• Plan monthly, quarterly and yearly detail programmatic and financial activities and submit for program manager
• Support and coordinate towns level MARPs Task Force planning and implementation role in the project activities
• Collect, organize analysis and compile daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly comprehensive, consistent and timely reports from respective towns for the M and E officer.
• Regularly monitor HIV/AIDS prevention activities in each town and give technical supports for LIAE community mobilizers, PLHIV associations, peer educators, self-help support groups, volunteers and etc.
• Develop and conduct training as well as capacity building activities for community mobilizers, saving groups, PLHIV associations, Peer Educators and to community volunteers at all levels on standards of combination prevention packages
• Responsible to coordinate and organize respective towns level CWEs/outreach HTC service events in collaboration with health facility workers, DICs town level health offices
• Responsible to facilitate distribution and promotion of health products and IEC/BCC materials to all project sites and ensure its delivery to targeted MARPs of all towns
• Undertaking regular supportive supervisions and field visits so as to provide technical assistances for field staffs so as to track project activity progresses in each town.
• Organizing and conducting review meetings with staffs, key program stakeholders & partners to review program performances at all levels.
• Represent LIAE in the respective towns
• Strengthen partnership, networking and linkages in respective towns
• Bachelor Degree in the field of public health or social sciences from a recognized university
• Minimum of 5 years NGO experience in MARPs focused HIV/AIDS Prevention activities
• Demonstrated ability in program planning and implementation as well as coordinating HTC outreach campaigns
• Computer literacy — MS office, Excel, Power point
2. Position Title: Community Mobilizers (11)
Reports to: Field Officer
Duty Station: Alemgena, Sebeta, Tulubolo, Woliso (Oromiya Region), Hossana(SNNPR), and Gambella,Abobo,Goge, Godere, Mengesh,andDima(Gambella Region)
Community Mobilizers closely work with town/district and Zonal health offices and liaisons with other governmental concerned offices. The role of the community mobilizer is to create awareness and behavioral change mechanisms through education, information and communication. S/he empowers, facilitates and encourages active participation of key stakeholders and MARPS to identify health problems related to HIV/AIDS prevention activities. S/he will also ensure the delivery of standard combination prevention services to MARPs and highly vulnerable populations surrounding hotspot area at all levels.
Specific duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for Mapping/identification, selection, capacity building of targeted MARPs in hot spot areas
• Responsible to strengthen community level systems and structure to support combination prevention activities of all stakeholders
• Establish and maintain close working relationship with health offices and other key government stakeholders
• Responsible to coordinate and organize town level outreach HTC service events in collaboration with health facility workers, DICs town level Health offices
• Closely work with gatekeepers and community organizations and influential leaders in working areas in order to ensure that HIV/AIDS prevention related messages are disseminated and understood at all levels
• Closely work with the identified MARPs peer educators and supervisors in town based peer education session at all levels
• Facilitate referral linkages of MARPs to different services to utilize available health services for HTCs, STIs, FP and other service.
• Provide technical supports to established PLHIV association and SSGs on project planning implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities
• Facilitate condom promotion and distribution activities in their respective towns.
• Handel financial transaction at grass root.
• Bachelor Degree in the field of Public Health or Nursing and related social sciences field from a recognized university
• Minimum on 3 years NGO experience in HIV/AIDS prevention and control programs
• Demonstrated ability in program planning and implementation
• Computer literacy — MS office, Excel, Power point
• Knowledge of local languages of project sites will be a plus
3. Position: Accountant
Report to: Field Officer
Duty station: Gambella Coordination office
She/he will be responsible for ensuring the use of efficient financial system as per the standard of operating the organization and donor’s financial policy and procedures. She/he is responsible to maintain the accounting records, budget tracking, and expenditure projections and report to head office. Ensure timely processing & recording of all financial activities and follow up reimbursement requests; custodianship of cash, and collect sensitive financial documents of settlements.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Prepares monthly financial reports
- Preparation of monthly variance analysis for the various expenditure items
- Checking of time sheets for CMs and officers
- Ensure USAID and other donor financial regulations are followed by all staffs
- Reviewing the financial documents of respective towns
- Ensure the integrity of the financial and accounting records at all times
- Facilitate the maintenance of fixed asset register and keep up to date
- Make sure that physical inventory count is made at the end of fiscal period for the respective towns and report for any discrepancies to the head office for decision
Qualification and Experience:
- BA in Accounting, or Finance from recognized university/college
- Minimum 3 years relevant NGO working experience.
- Computer Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
4. Position: Driver Mechanic
Report To: Administration and Finance head
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safe and responsible driving of vehicles
- Routine maintenance and care of vehicles
- Keeping the vehicle neat and tidy
- Serves all passengers in a friendly manner
- Reports the need for maintenance and undertakes minor repairs
- Assist in and/or carries out other office activities as assigned
Education and work Experience:
• 3rd grade and above driving license
• Diploma in Auto Mechanics
• A minimum of 5 years work experience as driver and procurement officer, preferably in NGO settings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Discipline and punctuality
• Stress tolerance and patience.
• Work well with personnel from all levels.
• Willingness for extra hours assignment
5. Post Title: Program Director
Report to: Executive Director
Supervise: All the units in the organization
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
I. Job Summary
The program director, under the supervision of the Executive Director, will manage all aspects of the organization’s day-to-day activities. He will communicate with the management and Executive Director on a regular basis. He will manage line and support personnel of the organization and oversee all aspects of the organization’s activities. This person will also aggressively look for contact opportunities for partnership in Ethiopia & abroad and will be responsible for managing these projects from start to successfully completion. He /she is responsible for fundraising, communication, networking and linkage related activities of the organization.
II. Main duties and responsibilities:
• Represent the organization under guidance received from Executive Director.
• Effectively manage the overall human and financial resources of the organization.
• Oversee the proper implementation of all projects of LIAE
• Prepares annual reports & plans (Program & Financial) and monitors their proper implementation
• Develop proposals for donors regularly
• In collaboration with the Administration and Finance Head control the expenditures in accordance with the budget approved.
• Prepare budget for the organization and programs or projects.
• Responsible for overall administrative & technical matters of the organization
• Prepare and provide strategic and innovative policy guidance and strategies to the organization
• Performs other related responsibilities as it is ordered by the Executive Director.
Ill. Required competencies
• PHD/MA or BA Degree in Social Science fields
Minimum 6 years, 8 years or 10 years of NGO work experience respectively for 3, 2nd and 1st degree
3. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Excellent knowledge of NGO environment
• Knowledge of related Ethiopian laws & regulations
• Project Management skills
• Good interpersonal leadership
- Knowledge of English and at least one language from constituency of the organization.
• Good communication skills and experience with donors/partners
Salary for all vacant posts: According to the organization scale
Terms of employment: Contract with possible extension for all position is based on performance of the employee and availability of the fund.
Interested applicants who fulfill the above requirements can submit their application letter and CV with credentials relevant documents to Love in Action Ethiopia via P.O. Box 1292 Addis Ababa, And those who want to apply for the project site of Gambella region MULU/ MARPs Target towns candidates can apply LIAE coordination office at Gambella town located in Arate Kilo health office compound in person or via Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 0911531736 or 0913503057 Gambella, within 10 days of working hours started from 16-10-2013.
NB: Applicants are be required to clearly state application Post and duty station which are applying for.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.