Marie Stopes International is a not-for-profit sexual and reproductive health (SRH) organisation that uses modern business methods to achieve the social goal of preventing unintended pregnancies and unplanned births in 40 countries worldwide. Marie Stopes International delivers state-of-the-art programmes in: family planning; safe abortion (including post abortion care); maternal & child health; and HIV/STIs,
Marie Stopes International Ethiopia (MSIE) is an International Non-Governmental Organization devoted to expanding Family Planning (FP) and Reproductive Health. (RH) Programs in Ethiopia.
MSIE has Vacancy for the following position and invites qualified candidates to apply:
Position: ICT Officer
Working with and reporting to ICT Manager, The ICT Officer Performs overall ICT support and administration activities including end user support or troubleshooting, installation, configuration administration and management of ICT equipment like servers, desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, switches, UPS, routers, PBX system, etc so as to support the MSIE users in support and Regional offices to effectively use computer software, database systems, hardware, communication devices/systems, LAN/WAN systems. Promote the acquisition, implementation and appropriate use of latest ICT technology (hardware, network, software or communication device).
• Responsibility and accountability for first line user support and maintenance or troubleshooting , installation and configuration of PCs, Servers, Laptops, UPS, Printers, Scanners ,projectors, administration of communication system
• Administer the organization LAN/WAN, install, maintain, and upgrade hardware, software, services and other networking components and monitor periodically LAN system, mail servers, application servers, security server ,PBX systems and take appropriative corrective measures.
• Install and test software updates and patch programs to support various applications and various desktop, laptop and Servers operation systems
• Identify the hardware, software or communication system needed to provide solution to problems, assisting in customization & adaptation of existing systems or perform requirement analysis for new automation needs
• Work on the preparation of technical specification and perform proforma evaluation for ICT equipments and check delivery of ICT equipments as per the specification.
• perform data maintenance and integrity activities and ensuring system security and perform critical data backup regularly
• Facilitate and Provide ICT technical service, advice and support to all users of the organization and monitor availability, capacity and performance of the ICT infrastructure and applications in regional offices
• Ensures MSIE regional offices are linked through LAN/WAN systems and administer and provide support for Client management system that is being implemented in MSIE centres.
• Prepare training proposals relevant to MSIE user’s interest and provide training and support on technical aspects of corporate applications and information security responsibilities
• Provide on the job training to MSIE regional users to support the use of modern ICT in the organization and ensure regional staff to effectively communicate with support office.
• Technically assists departments/work units, regional offices, centre to develop, design and deliver their own program/project related training programs essential for the organization.
• Conduct other IT related assignments as required.
• BSC Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
• Microsoft or CISCO Certification is advantageous.
• Minimum of 3 years of practical experience in the similar capacity on above listed areas.
Skills required, Attitudes and Attributes
• Must possess thorough knowledge microcomputer hardware and software and LAN operating system, LAN based application software, security, communication and diagnosis tools
• Must possess thorough knowledge of IT systems, computer equipment operations management, hardware and software technology and must possess excellent interpersonal skills to maintain open communication -
• Strong client focus and genuine desire to travel to remote areas and assist end users, analytical skills, persistence ,good communication skills, able to work as part of team and patient and tolerant, technical aptitude, methodical and disciplined approach to problem solving.
Required Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
• Number of Position: One (1) one
• Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Support Office
• Salary: as per the Scale of the organization
Interested and qualified applicants should mail their application together with a nonreturnable CV and copies of supporting documents within 10 days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources Unit
Interested applicants may apply through the following e-mail address: humanresourcemariestopes.org.et
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
TELEPHONE CALLS AND PERSONAL VISITS ARE STRONGLY DISCOURAGED