The EiABC has been established as an autonomous Institute of Technology under the umbrella of Addis Ababa University to foster the development, capacity and competitiveness of industries in the field of Architecture, Design, Construction, Urbanism, Management and Technology. It addresses a wide range of fields, such as private sector support, international standards and quality management, and professional education at university levels.
Currently, EiABC provides the following programs:
• Bachelor of Science Program ‘Architecture’
• Bachelor of Science Program ‘Construction Technology and Management’
• Bachelor of Science Program ‘Urban and Regional Planning’
• Master of Science Program Environmental Planning and Design’
• Master of Science Program ‘Urban Design & Development’
• Master of Science Program ‘Sustainable Housing and Development’
• PhD Program ‘Environmental Planning’
EiABC is strongly involved in national and international collaborative research.
EiABC offers a vibrant academic working environment devoted to highest international standards. Its administration and management are devoted to provide the best possible service and support to its students and academic staff.
The following positions are currently vacant at EiABC. We invite highly qualified and motivated academics and administrative staff to apply for these vacant positions.
Chair: Architecture and Design III
1. Vacant Position: Lecturer
Qualifications: MSc in Architecture, 2 years of professional experience and/or teaching experience
2. Vacant Position: Assistant Lecturer
Qualifications: BSc. in Architecture, 2 years of professional and practical experiences
Chair: Visual Arts and Graphic communication skills
3. Vacant Position: Assistant Lecturer
Qualifications: BSc in Architecture, minimum 2 years of experiences (teaching or research experience)
4. Vacant Position: Assistant Lecturer
Qualifications: BSc in Fine Arts, minimum 2 years of experiences (teaching or research experience)
Requirements for academic positions
All academic stairs are expected
• To provide teaching at high international standard;
• To prepare lectures and seminars;
• To work closely with the respective chair holders;
• To teach independently courses under the guidance of chair holders;
• To promote interdisciplinary cooperation;
• To involve in research projects;
• To support c-teaching and c-learning activities;
• To mentor student’s internships;
• To engage in examinations;
• To support quality assurance ad evaluations;
• To conduct administrative work for the respective chair;
• To work closely with EIABC management;
• To engage in academic self-administration and governance;
• To engage in general activities of EiABC;
• To represent the chair as well as EiABC to the community;
Please refer to the EIABC website for detailed job descriptions for EIABC Academic Staff: http://www.eiabc.edu.et/
• Ability to deal with an academic environment
• Ability to work under stressful conditions
• Excellent communication skills in Amharic and English (written and oral)
• Familiar with modern teaching technologies and ICT.
• Self motivated, self expressive and creative, responsible, reliable, self-organizing, convincing, engaging and enthusiastic
• Ability to work in a team, integrative, high motivation and commitment, responsible, ability liaise with different stakeholders on different levels; commitment for EiABC’s campus activities; commitment to the national development goals of Ethiopia.
Candidates for Assistant Professorship or above are also expected to prepare a public presentation of maximum 25 minutes about their outlook on the area of their fields.
EiABC has an explicit policy to support and provide further education and qualification for its academic staff
Salary per month (according to the newly approved Salary Scale of the Council of Ministers):
Professor 7329 Birr (starting salary)
Associate Professor: 6437 Birr (starting salary)
Assistant Professor: 5443 Bin (starting salary)
Lecturer: 4605 Birr (starting salary)
Assistant Lecturer: 3820 Bin (starting salary)
Further information: Please check EiABC Website for further information on the vacancy announcements.
Ethiopian Institute of Architecture, Building Constriction and City Development (EiABC), Addis Ababa University
Candidates shall send their application letter along with their recent CV and a copy of their credentials to the following address:
Human Resource Office
Tel: +251 (0) 11 213 3877
Applications may also be submitted by email.
• The name of the position (and for academic positions: the respective chair) should be clearly marked on the envelope and on the application letter.
• As EiABC is striving for improving its quality a pre-selection of candidates will be made. Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.