Communication for Change (C-Change), implemented by AED, is USAID's ﬂagship program to improve the effectiveness and sustainability of social and behavior change communication applied to programs, activities, and tools. C-Change works with global, regional, and local partners to incorporate knowledge about the social determinants and underlying causes of individual behaviors and takes into account research and lessons learned from implementing and evaluating activities. Employing innovative and tested methods, C-Change works to meet the continuing challenges posed by evolving health issues that require a behavior change communication approach. C-Change also works to strengthen the capacity of local organizations to plan, implement, and manage programs, thus ensuring sustained local knowledge and skills....
Communication for Change (C-Change) is a global program strengthening behavior change communication in public health and development sectors. In Ethiopia, C-Change with core partner CARE provides support to the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) in high impact communications. C- Change works to strengthen the capacity of regional, woreda, and kebele structures to create sustainable, cost-effective interventions that resonate with the key audiences to achieve USAID’s objectives of malaria prevention, PMTCT, and the uptake of ANC. C-Change is currently seeking qualified data collectors to support a bed net study in three sites of West Harraghe in Oromia region
Required number: 13
Primary tasks and functions of this position:
• To collect primary data from households in West Harraghe Zone of Oromia region
• Task includes collection of both quantitative and qualitative data
• Ensure data collection is carried out per the agreed timeline
• Conduct transcription and translation of qualitative data collected from study sites
• Ensure that collected data meet desired quality as per the requirements of C-Change
Skills and qualifications needed:
• Ability to collect primary data from households in rural settings
• Experience in filling structured questionnaires at ease
• Ability to collect both quantitative and qualitative data
• Experience in facilitating/moderating focus group discussions (FGDs) and carrying out in-depth interviews (lDls)
• Experience in transcribing and translating qualitative data
• Strong proficiency in Afan Oromo
• Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with staff and partners
• Partnership experience with programs supported by international agencies
• Degree level or above
Salary and benefits: Compensation will be based on a fixed rate which will be determined at a later date. Employment with C-Change is subject to the availability of funding from USAID for the C-Change program.
Application: Application due within 15 calendar days after the date of 16-05-2012
Place of Work: West Harraghe, Oromia.
Period of Contract: Short-term contract with a possible follow-on.
Interested applicants who fulfill requirements can submit their CV and other credentials within 15 calendar days after the date of 16-05-2012 directly to C-Change at the following email address: Please include estimated daily rate (professional fee) for the assignment. This will need to be supported by previous payment history.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted